Vitamins and supplements can be used to boost immunity, to treat specific ailments or injuries, or as a preventative tool to help ensure a longer, happier, and healthier life.
Digestive enzymes will help to promote nutrient absorption by unlocking all the good in your pet’s food. They can also help to manage allergies, digestive upset like vomiting or diarrhea, and can aid in healthy digestion when pets are on medications.
Whole body vitamins and supplements that are high in antioxidants will help boost your pet’s immunity helping to prevent illness and disease. Sea kelp, hemp oil, and turmeric are great options.
Balanced Omega 3 & 6
Properly balanced Omegas can benefit brain health, skin and coat, and help manage inflammation in the body. The Omegas can be found in fish, flax, and hemp oil vitamins and supplements.
Pre & Probiotics
Pre and probiotics work to boost overall whole body health while promoting a healthy gut.
This amino acid is important for heart health and overall immunity support.
Pre and probiotics, collagen, and tools like oral sprays, gels, and of course, brushing will help to prevent tartar and gum disease.
Where do you start?
Pre and probiotics work to support a healthy gut while building a strong immune system.
Digestive enzymes aid in the digestion of food allowing your pet to absorb nutrients that will work to fuel their adventures.
Allergy, joint, dental and other specific ailments or issues can be aided by targeted supplementation.
Check out our selection of vitamins and supplements now!
Click on either the cat or the dog to see how adding vitamins and supplements to your pet’s routine could help them to live a longer, happier, and healthier life.
To Boost Immunity
Help your pet defend themselves against illness and diease.
To Support Digestive Health
Help your pet unlock their inner power to effectively absorb and use their nutrition for fuel.
To Keep Them Looking Their Best
For skin and coat, to eyes and ears – help your pet look and feel their very best.
For Overall Health
Help your pet’s immunity for longer and healthier life.
To Strengthen Bones & Muscles
Support the development and maintenance of strong bones, joints, and cartilage that will keep them on the go.
Your pet is the best indicator of their health.
Your pet’s body can actually help tell you when something is not right.
All you need to know is what to look for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just like for us, a good vitamin or supplement can help to boost your pet’s immunity against disease, can work to treats specific injuries or ailments, and can be used as a preventative tool to help keep illness or disease at bay.
If you do nothing else, adding a digestive enzyme to your pet’s meal time routine will boost your pet’s metabolism and improve digestion.
This means that they will be better able to unlock all the benefits of their food by improving their ability to absorb the nutrients they truly need while effectively ridding their bodies of the stuff they don’t. Ensuring that the food you feed, does all the good work it is intended to do.
- Dental Supplements will help to prevent tartar and gum disease that can ultimately lead to many other long term health issues – like heart disease.
- Pre and Pro Biotics work to boost overall immunity (so your pets can fight illness and disease) while promoting a healthy gut.
- Taurine is great for supporting heart health and overall immunity.
- Joint supplements can be used as a preventative or a supportive tool for strong bones, joints and cartilage.
- Balanced Omega 3 & 6 are a whole body supplement that can help with brain, skin and coat, inflammation and immunity health.
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oils helps to reduce inflammation and may reduce reactions to pollen and other common triggers.
- Coconut oil can help to improve skin itchiness and dryness.
- Digestive enzymes and probiotics can really help itchy skin by helping to support the digestive system to absorb nutrients and to eliminate toxins in the body.
- Yucca and MSM are known for their anti-inflammatory and itch relieving properties.
- Supplements especially created to support seasonal allergies.
Dogs may eat their own poop because they are not digesting food properly and there is undigested food in the poop. Add a probiotic/digestive enzyme to a diet high in quality animal protein and low carbohydrates to digest as much of the food as possible.
Bad breath can be caused from gas, bloating, poor digestion, and plaque buildup. Feed a diet high in animal protein and low in carbohydrates. Probiotics contain live active cultures that can help odor. Digestive enzymes in probiotics will balance the digestive system. Brush teeth or offer chews or bones regularly to remove plaque and tartar.
- Brush daily to remove excess hair especially in long haired cats.
- Offer fiber like pumpkin to meals to help hair move through the digestive system.
- Adding a fish or hemp seed oil a few times a week to help lubricate the digestive system to help hairballs to move along without causing digestive disturbance.
- Offer canned wet food daily as it is easy to digest and helps hair to pass through the body quickly as well as offering many other health benefits.
- Offer a food specifically designed as hairball control formulas as they use fish oils and increased fiber to help support and unblock the digestive system.
Offering an herbal calmer helps to soothe anxiety and is safe and gentle to use and does not alter personality.
- Milk Thistle provides antioxidants to help prevent free radical damage associated with cancer.
- Marine Phytoplankton strengthens the immune system, has anti-inflammatory properties, and antioxidant to help remove cancerous free radicals.
- Chaga Mushrooms may prevent and aid in fighting cancer, support the immune system, and has anti-cancer properties.
- Turkey tail Mushrooms help to prevent cancer, help to fight cancer, and supports the immune system.
- Omega-3 fatty acids like hemp seed oil, marine phytoplankton, cod liver oil, flaxseed oil, fish oils (Salmon, trout, mackerel, tuna, and herring) support the immune system, reduce inflammation, support heart health, and increase the pet’s ability to fight cancer.
- Probiotics to increase food absorption to help support weight in cancer patients, boosts the immune system, and prevents leaky gut by ensuring proper digestion and nutrient absorption for cancer patients.
- Turmeric contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory effects, helps to kill cancer cells, boosts the immune system, can inhibit tumor growth, and is an antioxidant that helps in fighting free radicals that can cause cell damage.
- Probiotics will supply beneficial bacteria to keep the bad bacteria away.
- Supplements containing different forms of cranberries, D-Mannose, Glucosamine, and specific herbs help support a healthy urinary bladder.
- Adding bone broth, wet food, wet toppers to meals to help flush the bladder.
- Raw diet creates an acid environment in the bladder. It is high in animal protein and low carbohydrate and adds moisture.
- A diet high in meat content and low carbohydrate encourages an acid urine which makes it hard for bacteria to survive and reduces the risk of crystal or stone formation.
Consider any of these great brands available at your local Pet Planet!