A Pet Planet Exclusive Program
We understand that trust must be earned and then emulated in every activity to keep it.
This philosophy is one of the things that sets Pet Planet apart – we take our customer’s trust in us very seriously and we will work very hard to both earn and keep it.
How We Do It
Part of this promise is to ensure that every product on our shelves is there because it has met our standards and is trusted and safe for your pets. Our nutritional checklist is below. Every consumable product, from food to treats, is evaluated based on these questions to list a few:
How are ingredients sourced and where do they come from?
What are the main protein and carbohydrate sources, and what are their ratios?
What are the fat sources – good fats like salmon or flaxseed oil – or lard and animal fats?
If additives, colorings, or preservatives are added, are they naturally or chemically based?
Do they self-manufacture or are they co-packed by a third party manufacturer? Have there been recalls, and why?
What Does It Mean?
- Self-manufacturing defines a pet food company that sources, manufactures, and produces the food that they make.
- It means that they work directly with growers and producers that provide the ingredients for the food that they make.
- It also means that they distribute their product and therefore control quality from sourcing to self.
- Co-packing is short for “Contract Packaging or Packager”.
- It defines a pet food company that hires another company to manufacture and/or sourced ingredients from its pet food brand.
- Co-packers run large, mass-production facilities that produce many different brands of cat and dog food every day.
The best information is on the packaging of every pet food, whether is a dry, canned, raw, dehydrated or freeze-dried diet.
with our My Pet Planet Membership.
Our promise is to help you make the best decisions for your pet, whether you are managing a tight monthly budget, or for those times that you have a little extra for something special.
Understanding nutrition starts with the ingredient panel.