- Processed foods like kibble contain nutrients destroyed by cooking. The heat of cooking destroys heat sensitive enzymes and nutrients.
- Adding balanced raw foods to the diet improved palatability. Raw foods are generally high in animal fat and protein which make them hard to resist.
- Rotating raw food ingredients in a pet’s diet generates excitement and apprehension at mealtime. Stimulating excitement at mealtime improves the bond between pet and Guardian.
- Studies suggest there is less risk of bacterial contamination with raw foods than kibble. Contamination is always a risk with any food; however, it is occurring more frequently with kibble.
- Raw reduces the risk of carcinogens. Certain potential carcinogens are more frequently seen in cooked foods.
- Meat-based, high protein, raw provides a more natural diet for an animal that evolved as a carnivore. Feeding a diet that more closely resembles the species natural diet is the best way to support long term health.
For more information, check out this article.